As the mobile phones get more and more fame, a lot of people start to abandon their landline and choose mobile phones instead. Despite of that, the usage of home phones can be still be found everywhere. Yes, the landline is not dead yet. It’s still very much alive and kicking. There are several reasons why the home phones stay alive until now and why some people still want it. There are still plenty of homes utilizing home phones and many of them choose the cordless phone system. There is still plenty of options available waiting to be discovered.
The home phones are needed for a variety of advantages such as enhanced security that will be connected to emergency 911. A phone is connected to the address of its owner and the 911 operator can easily send help to the right direction. Another thing great about the home phone system is for home security system. In general home security system installation requires home phone system. Cordless phone system can be used to be connected to the variety of home security system such as the burglar alarm system or a system to monitor fire.
The Types of Cordless Phone
When finally the cordless phone system is chosen, the next thing comes will be preparing the phone. There are various phones can be found with a variety sets of features. The cordless phones are usually differed by checking the built-in answering machine. For the ones with built-in answering machine, the sizes will be slightly larger and the prices will be slightly higher. Another thing that can make a difference in cordless phones with one another is the base. Some have cordless base while some have corded base. For cordless base, it’s important to have backup batteries. As for corded base, it’s more convenient to be used as long as it’s connected to landline.
Possible Wireless Phone Features to Be Considered
When choosing a phone for the cordless phone system; there will be a variety of features can be added into consideration. The standard cordless phones usually have handset ringer, flash button to pick up call waiting, last number redial, volume control of headset earpiece, pager to easily locate the handset and the indicator for low battery status. In addition of the standard features mentioned earlier, there are also other features worthy of considerations.
• Speakerphone to easily answer phone calls without handset.
• LCD Screen on handset and phone base to display personal phone directory and the other useful information like caller ID.
• Caller ID is an obvious beneficial feature as it’s possible to know the caller. Some phones have the capability to set different ring tones for different call IDs. There is also a feature called caller ID announce that will allow the phone to pronounce the caller ID so there’s no need to check the caller ID directly.
• Battery Backup as an emergency source of power.
• Mailboxes are important especially for the phones with answering machines or answerers. Some of answerers have some mailboxes. This is convenient especially when caller wishes to leave a message for specific person.
• Controls for Advanced Playback come in conjunction with the answerer and the mailboxes. The advanced playback allows users to skip messages back and forth and then repeat the same message. It also allows users to get fast playback to listen to messages quickly or even slowing down the messages to listen carefully.
• Headset Jack for the more convenient of answering phone calls while doing other things.
• Multiple Handsets will be useful to allow a conversation in an intercom mode between two handsets. In this mode, the handsets will naturally need to be in range with one another. Some phones are capable of registering and connecting 12 handsets albeit it’s impossible to use all of them at once (only two at once etc.).
• Two-Line Support to be capable of receiving two phone calls simultaneously allowing three people to be connected at once. Some phones even have two different ringers.
• Base Keypad as a supplement to the keypad on handset. It’s very useful for menu navigation. Some phones even have the keys to light up in the dark or when a key is pressed.
• Auto Call Answer is useful to answer incoming phone calls automatically (when handset is lifted off) without the need to press a button to answer it.
How to Choose the Best Phones
Now, it’s time to choose the best phone for the cordless phone system. As there are so many options out there, it will be wiser to take time to properly choose. Follow the following tips to get the true best phone to be used at home.
• Know the number of extensions. For smaller homes, a phone with single handset will be good. For larger home, phone with multiple handsets can be considered.
• Know the features. Take a look again at the list of features mentioned earlier here. Check them and see what kind of features expected from the phone.
• Try the Handset. If possible, trying is a good thing. Try to hold the handset and figure if it will fit the facial contours. The earpiece needs to get proper checking as well. It must have round edges and the recessed center that will fit the ear perfectly. Also check buttons and controls and see if they have good sizes and legible.
• Usability Issues. With cordless phone system or any other phone system at home, there will be multiple users. Every individual has different conditions and sometimes need assistance. For example, a phone that buttons those easier to read will help users with rather poor eyesight.
• Battery Backup. This is a real good feature to be had. Most of the cordless phones in cordless phone system won’t work without electricity. When power outages happen, this feature will help the phone to keep on operable in case that emergency happens. It’s a super important feature to be considered.
Cordless Phones for Seniors Directory List
Below is a list of cordless phone information that can purchase as your needed. We obtained this information from online stores such as amazon.com, click on amazon.com for pricing information if not available here and the latest price update.
– VTech CS6509-16 Accessory Handset With Caller ID/Call Waiting (requires a CS6519, CS6528 or CS6529 series phone. price is $44.99
– Panasonic KX-TGC223S + 1 KX-TGCA21S Handset (4 Handsets Total) DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone System (KX-TGC220S + 3,. price is $38.00
– AT&T Dect 6.0 2 handset cordless phone with caller id. price is $38.00
– VTech CS6719 Cordless Phone with Caller ID/Call Waiting. price is $19.95
– Uniden DECT 6.0 Compact Cordless Phone with Caller ID and Extra Handset and Charging Cradle.. price is $129.99
– Panasonic DECT 6.0 Phone 3-Handset. price is $30.40
– AT&T CL82401 DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone, Silver/Grey, 4 Handsets. price is $89.46
– Motorola DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone with 1 Handset and Caller ID L601M. price is $15.15
– 3 Packs Floureon Rechargeable Cordless Phone Battery for V-Tech 89-1323-00-00 Model 27910 Cordless Telephone Battery. price is $59.99
– VTech CS6719-16 DECT 6.0 Phone with Caller ID/Call Waiting, 1 Cordless Handset, Red. price is $19.95
– Panasonic KX-TG433SK DECT 6.0 3-Handset Landline Telephone with Answering Machine (Certified Refurbished). price is $49.99
– Motorola C1002LX DECT 6.0 Digital Cordless Home Phone with Two Handsets. price is $25.99
– Panasonic KX-TGC223S 3 Handset Cordless Phone. price is $38.95
– VTech CS6124 DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone with Answering System and Caller ID/Call Waiting, White with 1 Handset. price is $21.86
– VTech CS6719-16 DECT 6.0 Phone with Caller ID/Call Waiting, 1 Cordless Handset, Red (Certified Refurbished). price is $17.99
– AT&T CRL82312 DECT 6.0 Phone Answering System with Caller ID/Call Waiting, 3 Cordless Handsets, Black/Silver. price is $70.53
– Panasonic KX-TGE232B Cordless Phone, 2 Handsets. price is $62.43
– Panasonic KX-TGE234B dect_6.0 4-Handset Landline Telephone. price is $93.55
– AT&T DECT 6.0 Digital 3 Handset Cordless Phone w/ Digital Answering System & Caller ID. price is $67.43
– Panasonic KX-TG7875S Link2Cell Bluetooth Enabled Phone, Black/Silver. price is $107.88
– Panasonic KX-TGE233B Expandable Cordless Digital Phone with Large Keypad – 3 Handsets. price is $76.99
– Motorola DECT 6.0 Digital Cordless Home Phone with Answering Machine and Three Handsets C1013LX. price is $59.99
– VTech CS6709 Accessory Handset with Caller ID/Call Waiting for Vtech CS6719, CS6729, CS6759, CS6829 or CS6859,. price is $14.95
– Panasonic KX-TGE230B DECT 6.0 Expandable Digital Cordless Answering System, 1 Handset, Black (Certified Refurbished). price is $29.99
– AT&T EL52313 DECT 6.0 Phone Answering System with Caller ID/Call Waiting, 3 Cordless Handsets, Silver. price is $63.72
– Panasonic KX-TGD210N DECT 6.0 1.9 GHz Expandable Digital Cordless Phone with 1 Handset, Champagne Gold. price is $27.66
– Panasonic KX-TG7875S Link2Cell Bluetooth Enabled Phone, Black/Silver. price is $134.90
– Panasonic KX-TGE275S Link2Cell Bluetooth Enabled Phone with Answering Machine & 5 Cordless Handsets. price is $126.96
– Vtech DS6641-2 DECT 6.0 / 1 Corded & 2 Cordless Phone Digital System. price is N/A
– Motorola DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone with 2 Handsets, Digital Answering System and Customizable Color Back Plates. price is $45.15
– Panasonic Cordless Phone With Answering System, Wine Red, 2 Handsets (Certified Refurbished). price is $47.99
– VTech CS6719-15 DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone with Caller ID/Call Waiting, 1 Cordless Handset , Blue. price is $19.95
– AT&T EL51203 DECT 6.0 Phone with Caller ID/Call Waiting, 2 Cordless Handsets, Silver. price is $34.99
– Serene Innovations CL-65 DECT 6.0 Amplified Cordless Phone with Expansion Handset. price is N/A
– Swissvoice ePure – DECT 6.0 Design Home Cordless Telephone – White. price is $59.00
– VTech CS6419-2 DECT 6.0 Expandable Cordless Phone with Caller ID/Call Waiting, Silver with 2 Handsets. price is $49.95
– VTech CS6529-3 DECT 6.0 Phone Answering System with Caller ID/Call Waiting with 3 Cordless Handsets, Silver/Black. price is $56.56
– Emerson EM7120-2 Dect_6.0 2-Handset 4-Line Landline Telephone, Black. price is $39.99
– AT&T EL52213 2 Handset Cordless Answering System With Caller ID/Call Waiting, Silver. price is $40.99
– VTech CS6114 DECT 6.0 1 Handset Cordless Phone – White (Certified Refurbished). price is $9.99
– VTech CS6114 DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone with Caller ID/Call Waiting, White/Grey with 1 Handset. price is $14.49
– AT&T EL52200 DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone with Answering System and Caller ID/Call Waiting, 2 Handsets, Silver/Black. price is $47.91
– Panasonic KX-TGD223N dect 6.0 3-Handset Landline Telephone. price is $72.99
– Panasonic KX-TG6413T Dect 6.0 Digital Cordless Phone with 3 Handsets (Titanium Black). price is $129.99
– VTech CS6429-4 DECT 6.0 Expandable Cordless Phone with Answering System and Caller ID/Call Waiting, Silver with. price is $71.99
– Panasonic KX-TGD212N Dect_6.0, 2-Handset Landline Telephone. price is $46.20
– Panasonic KX-TGD224N dect_6.0 4-Handset Landline Telephone. price is $89.94
– AT&T EL52300 DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone with Answering System and Caller ID/Call Waiting, 3 Handsets, Silver/Black. price is $59.95
– Motorola IT6-2 DECT 6.0 2-Handset Digital Cordless Home Phone. price is $84.88
– VTech CS6529-4 DECT 6.0 Phone Answering System with Caller ID/Call Waiting, 4 Cordless Handsets, Silver/Black. price is $57.99
– VTech DS65212 DECT 6.0 2-Handset Landline Telephone with Caller ID/Call Waiting. price is $39.99
Cordless Phone Batteries Cheap
We hope you choose the appropriate cordless phone to support your business needs. Smooth and responsive communications device can increase customers’ confidence and trust in any business. Make sure you prepare cordless phone battery and cordless phone with headset jack as your communication solution